Bring the whole family to Amelia Island; there are plenty of places for pets to stay, play, and enjoy.
1) Paws in the sand. Leashed pets are welcome on Amelia Island beaches
(with the exception of state parks). To help you with the necessary cleanup, Main Beach
even has a doggie trash bag dispenser.
2) Nassau County Humane Society Dog Park
. For a $10 daily fee, dogs can swim in a wishbone-shaped pool and indulge in one of the top-rated dog parks in the country. Separate play area for smaller dogs.
3) Egans Creek Greenway.
300-acre wildlife area with network of trails, perfect for a walk, but keep Fido leashed and eyes open for wildlife. Parking/entrance behind Recreation Center on Atlantic Ave.
4) Café Karibo.
Enjoy eclectic and affordable gourmet cuisine and a pet-friendly, shaded patio or try the equally pet-friendly outdoor seating at the next-door sister restaurant, Timoti’s Seafood Shak
5) Fernandina Beach Market Place. Weekly farmers’ market on N. 7th Street in downtown Fernandina Beach is pet-friendly and often features vendors with pet-friendly treats. Open Saturdays, 9 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
6) Sliders Seaside Grill
. Fernandina Beach's oceanfront tiki bar and beach view dining experience is open to pets as well. A kids' playground with a sandbox and live music round out the reasons to visit.
7) Residence Inn Amelia Island. Pet-friendly, all-suite hotel within walking distance of the beach that welcomes dogs with treats, a bowl,and ball.
8) Omni Amelia Island Plantation.
A pet-friendly resort set on the Island's south end, the Omni also features dog-friendly dining at Falcon’s Nest, Marche Burette, or Natural Slice.
9) The Hoyt House
. Historic B&B modeled after the Rockefeller Cottage on Jekyll Island welcomes pets and is an easy walk from all the Historic District has to offer.
10) Dog Star Tavern.
For an evening out on the town, stop by this popular spot in Historic Downtown Fernandina Beach, where even the puppies can grab a drink.
11) Amelia River Cruises. Take your well-mannered pets along on a historic narrated sightseeing cruises from Fernandina's Historic waterfront, inquire to get the details on which of the week's cruises are pet-friendly.