It's the perfect season to discover Amelia Island's unique spirit - from the ghosts of residents past to the charm of Historic Downtown today (with libations to match.)
1) Take a ghost tour with Amelia Island Ghost Tours
and explore "history laced with piracy and plunder."
) Take an Amelia Island Downtown Tasting Tour
- special Georgia-Florida edition the last weekend of October.
3) Visit the Amelia Island Museum of History
and walk in the footsteps of a bygone era on a ghost tour.
4) Download the free Florida Stories App
and take a walk around town while discovering the stories behind Amelia Island's 8 Flags.
5) Enjoy a pint at the island's brewery, Amelia Tavern.
6) Sample handcrafted vodka, run, fruit cellos, and gin at Marlin & Barrel,
where the spirits are all made from Florida ingredients.
7) Visit Florida's oldest bar, the Palace Saloon,
and listen carefully for voices from its illustrious and colorful past.
8) Listen to a good ghost story or maybe even see a ghost for yourself at Fort Clinch State Park
, one of the most well-preserved 19th century forts in the country.