Dickens on Centre Dining Week. Food + Events
From December 3 - 12, the rich and varied culinary landscape of Amelia Island gets extra yummy with Dickens Dining Week featuring the island’s most popular dining hot spots offering pre-fixe Dickens-themed or Victorian-inspired menus.
Get ready to kick your Bah Humbugs to the curb at the all new Dickens Dining Week where the island’s most popular dining hot spots will offer Dickens-themed or Victorian-inspired menus.
Held December 3 – 12, folks can enjoy everything our chefs can whip up from your favorite restaurant or one you've been dying to try. Check out the participating restaurants all around the island for your excuse to start the celebration early! There are menus for every taste and budget with lunch prix-fixe menus at $15 and dinner prix fixe options at $25, $35 or $45. Similar to the signature Amelia Island Restaurant Week, Dickens Dining Week is your chance to not only experience delicious and diverse menu items but to also get out and support our island restaurants at the holidays. Whether you’re looking to try a new spot or enjoy your tried and true favorite, kick off your holiday season with Dickens Dining week.
Take a look at the participating restaurants here
and see below for awesome events and specials taking place throughout the week.
Dickens Dining Special Events:
The Alley by Amelia Island Brewing Company
- Relax with a couple of brews and some light hors d'oeurvres at The Alley where you can get creative on December 9 with a Dickens-themed Paint Night from 6pm-9pm. On December 11, Saxophonist Dexter Jones will be playing his high energy, soulful sounds from 6pm-9pm.
Amelia Island Tea House
- Two great events will take place at the Amelia Island Tea House and you don't want to miss either of them. Dickens dining week menu will be available as well as their full menu and bakery selection of delicious cakes, pie & cookies.
- Boston Tea Party Tea Tasting - Taste & learn about the 5 teas that were actually tossed overboard in the Boston Harbor on December 16, 1773. This experience will also include a Dickens Restaurant week special tray. Receive a 10% discount* if you take one of those 5 tea selections home! Great fun, great food & really great TEA! December 4 at 2pm. $25 per person. Call (904) 310-3088 to make reservations. *Discount only applies to December 4th Event.
- Victorian Day - Come dressed in full Victorian Era attire and possibly win a gift basket filled with goodies and Gift Card worth $50 to David's Restaurant and $50 Gift Card to the Tea House. December 10 from 10am-3pm. Call (904) 310-3088 to make reservations. A $5 fee will be charged and will go to a local homeless shelter.
- In addition to a traditional Victorian menu of Pie & Mash, Fish & Chips, and Sticky Toffee Pudding, the creative Lagniappe staff will be dressed in Victorian costumes during the week.
- Enjoy 20% off when you purchase any beverage and a pastry from the coffee bar. Not feeling coffee? Then order a pre-fixe flight of their four, 5oz beers for only $7. Either of these will be sure to get you in the Christmas spirit.
Story & Song Bookstore Bistro
- Story & Song always has cool events going on. Check out what's happening during Dickens Dining Week:
- Friday, December 3 at 12:30pm - Literary luncheon with New York Times bestselling cookbook author and a James Beard Award semi-finalist, Cheryl Day. She will be on hand to sign her new cookbook, Cheryl Day's Treasury of Southern Cooking. Pick one up for a Christmas gift! $60 per person includes luncheon, presentation and one copy of the book. Please call (904) 601-2118 to purchase tickets.
- Saturday, December 4 and December 10 at 10:30am - Listen to a holiday children's story and enjoy craft time with Ms. Dearsha.
- Saturday, December 4, at 2pm and 5pm - Enjoy the Spirit of Christmas Concert with The Dynamic Les DeMerle Quartet featuring Bonnie Eisele, vocals; Johnnie Robinson, Sax; Doug Matthews, Keyboards. $25. Please call (904) 601-2118 to purchase tickets.
- Friday, December 3 at 3 pm & Friday, December 9 at 3 pm - Ron Kurtz reads from classic Christmas stories in person and available on Story & Song's online Storycast.
Don't rush your holiday experience. Make plans to stay
with us this holiday season so you can take part in all the festivities