It's been said that kindness attracts kindness,
and we couldn't agree more. We are so grateful for all our Amelia Island visitors ... those traveling here for the first time and those that come back year after year. Your positive vibes and happy energy are what keep our island thriving and our hospitality professionals going during the busy summer months.
Check out these 6 things you can do to not only spread kindness but also make the most of your time on Amelia Island this summer.
- Plan Ahead - Before venturing out for a day of fun, check all of your options and plan ahead. Make dinner reservations, tee times, and other activity arrangements in advance to help prevent delays later. The good news is we have a little bit of everything to choose from (think golf courses, restaurants, charter fishing companies and so on), so if one thing isn't available you can just move on to the next.
- Try Something New – If the restaurant you love is all booked, go to one you've never tried before. It may become your new favorite. Or, if your favorite dish isn't on the menu that night due to supply chain issues, order the chef's special because it's always good! You get the point.
- Say Thank You – The tourism industry is made up of great people who want you to have the best vacation ever and love serving you. Saying "thank you" really does go a long way.
- Be Patient – Summertime on Amelia Island is awesome, but it may come with wait times. Take this opportunity to slow down and take in the scenery around you. Maybe play a round of nearby mini golf or walk around the area to explore while you wait.
- Have Fun – Embrace the moments and most importantly remember that you've traveled and chosen Amelia Island to make memories that will last a lifetime.
- Remember – On a southern island, the pace is supposed move a little slower so you can savor the moments.
SHARE KINDNESS BECAUSE KINDNESS IS CATCHY
Amelia Island has partnered with Arts & Culture Nassau to create a #BeKindAmelia Traveling Mural
for visitors and locals alike to enjoy. While you are discovering Amelia Island, find the mural and share your Insta-worthy picture and memories on social to support #BeKindAmelia.
Just like kindness, the mural will move around Amelia Island and be featured in different locations and backdrops. For the entire month of July, the artwork will be at the downtown Fernandina Beach
locations listed below. Stay tuned to see just where the mural will be when you're visiting so you can take a picture with it and share on social media with #BeKindAmelia
July Mural Locations:
Friday, July 1 – Friday, July 8 – Amelia Island Welcome Center (old train depot at the foot of Centre Street)
Friday, July 8 – Friday, July 15 – Pocket Park next to Amelia Island Coffee
Friday July 15 – Friday, July 22 – Fernandina Harbor Marina
Friday, July 22 – Friday, July 29 – Park on Ash and 2nd Street
for August mural locations
and more pictures of Amelia Island travelers and locals having fun!