For many folks, summer vacation conjures up memories of fun family time together. For others, it is a memory of summer camp complete with kayaking, swimming, storytelling, and new friends. Why not come to Amelia Island this summer and combine the two into an "Amelia Island Campcation"? Day camp offers youngsters a chance to participate in a wide variety of sports, arts, and nature activities and is ideal for younger campers who perhaps are not yet ready for an overnight camp experience.
Here is a list of incredible kids day camps on Amelia Island.
NATURE & KAYAK CAMPS
Connect with nature by enrolling in one of these adventurous camps.
Amelia Adventures Kids Camp
- Kids ages 9-12 learn kayak and paddleboarding skills or go on a nature boat tour finding dolphin on the Amelia River and wild horses along the Cumberland Island National Seashore.
Amelia Island Kayak Excursions Teen & Kids' Kayak Camp
- Fun, professional guides are there to teach and share with the “next generation of kayakers” a sense of adventure and wonder for kayaking and the outdoors.
Kayak Amelia Summer EcoCamp
- Week long day camp where kids 7-14 years old learn about nature thru hands on activities, kayaking, paddleboarding and biking.
Omni Amelia Island Resort Junior Naturalist
- Kids can experience a day in the life of a Naturalist on Amelia Island. During this three hour class, participants will feed Nature Center animal residents and maintain aquariums and terrariums as well as join the staff naturalists to help lead tours.
Action packed with fitness and fun. Is one of these camps calling you?
Surf Asylum Surfing Camp
- A weeklong, action-packed surfing adventure for kids 7 and up where professional surf coaches will have the kids surfing independenly in no time. For more information, 904-583-4230 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
YMCA Summer Adventure Camp
- Each week at day camp, a new theme will help campers discover new skills, build self-confidence and feel a sense of achievement and belonging. Camp activities include arts and humanities, field trips, swimming featuring our Safety Around Water curriculum and plenty of outdoor play. Ages 5-15
Junior Golf Coaching & Clinics
- Omni Amelia Island Resort. The perfect blend of learning, coaching, and fun. With group and private coaching sessions available, kids ages 6-15 will have the opportunity to work with our professional staff to improve their golf knowledge and skills.
Junior Golf Camp
- Amelia River Club. Helping boys and girls, ages 6 to 15, practice their golf skills with 3 days of range and course practice. Lunch and snacks are provided. Camps provided overs select dates in June, July and August. For more information, 904-491-8500 or email@example.com.
Junior Tennis Camps
- Omni Amelia Island Resort. With 10 weekly sessions available, kids ages 5-14 will have the opportunity to work with professional coaches to improve their skills in tennis, team sports and swimming. The perfect blend of learning and fun, complete with games and special events.
Pottery, Painting, Gardening, Singing, Dancing, Acting ... get in touch with your artistic side.
Paisley Grace Makery Summer Camps
- This summer camp is jam packed with art projects that will not only bring out your child's creativity but will give them projects they'll be able to use and display for years to come!
Amelia Community Theatre Acting Camp
- Lights, camera, action! Acting camps for ages 8-17 with end of camp performance for family and friends. This is a two-week camp.
Amelia Island Museum of History Summer Camp
- Typically held in June, each camp has a unique theme by age group, filled with hands-on projects and wide-ranging activities both inside and on the grounds of the Museum.
Crafty Kids Amelia Island Summer Camp -
Studio that allow kids to express themselves through art. Projects will include numerous art activities.
Ms. Shannon's Summer Camps -
Offering twenty-four summer camps for ages 3-12 years old, Ms. Shannon's Summer Camps are week long camps, filled with fun educational activities.
Royal Amelia Dance Academy Summer Camps
- Campers will perform at RAD in one of 4, one-week camps held in July. Each camp will create their own show based on a hit musical and then perform it at the end of the week. Kids work in appropriate age groups (4-6, 7-9, 10-12) and will take dance, music and art from 9am-3pm.
Educational hand-on fun is what you'll find at these two resorts on the south end of the island.
Omni Amelia Island Resort
- Kids Camp Amelia give guests from ages 4–10 the chance to explore the resort and discover nature, science, salt life, and much more! Interactive learning excursions are offered with full-day themed sessions available.
The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island
- Ritz Kids introduces young guests to the natural wonders of the island through a variety of hands-on adventures for kids ages 5-12. The supervised program entertains kids with educational games and activities featuring different themes throughout the week.