Great Southern Tailgate Classic Is Coming
Kick off football season beach-style with the Great Southern Tailgate Classic.
Kick off football season beach-style with the Great Southern Tailgate Classic
on August 21-22. Packed with live music and celebrating the best of football season in the South, the fun starts on Friday night and continues through Saturday, leading up to a performance by alternative rock favorite Sister Hazel
. Host hotel Residence Inn Amelia Island is offering a special package
including two night’s stay in a spacious suite, two weekend event tickets ($50 value), free parking, free island shuttle & complimentary hot breakfast buffet. (Plus, just in case you need more time to tailgate, their new outdoor kitchen features two large grills alongside a fire pit, hot tub spa, and pool.) You won't want to miss:
- Friday night's pep rally event kickoff featuring local bands and Colorado's The Motet, a world-class improvisational funk band
- Saturday's tailgate cooking demonstrations on the hour from 11am – 3pm
- The chance to earn points for your school by showing off your skills in Knockerball, cornhole, giant pong, dizzy punt, and other games
- Kid’s Zone activities for the younger fans and a Cool Zone for everyone
- Dancing on Saturday afternoon to the high-energy sounds of festival favorites Yo Mama's Big Fat Booty Band and New Orleans' Dumpstaphunk
- Enjoying singer-songwriter Marc Broussard, a second-generation Louisiana musician known for his "Bayou Soul" style
- The team Spirit Pep Rally leading up to Sister Hazel taking the stage at 7:30 on Saturday night
Tickets are on sale now, priced at $25 and good for the entire weekend. For more information and the full event schedule, visit greatsoutherntailgateclassic.com and the Great Southern Tailgate Classic Facebook page. For more about places to stay and activities to enjoy on Amelia Island, visit ameliaisland.com.