For many folks, summer vacation conjures up memories of fun family time together. For others, it is a memory of summer camp complete with kayaking, swimming, storytelling, and new friends. Why not come to Amelia Island this summer and combine the two into an "Amelia Island Campcation"? Day camp offers youngsters a chance to participate in a wide variety of sports, arts, and nature activities and is ideal for younger campers who perhaps are not yet ready for an overnight camp experience.
Here is a list of incredible kids day camps on Amelia Island.
NATURE & KAYAK CAMPS
Connect with nature by enrolling in one of these adventurous camps.
Amelia Island Kids Adventure Camp
- Amelia Adventures. Kids ages 9-12 learn kayak and paddleboarding skills or go on a nature boat tour finding dolphin on the Amelia River and wild horses along the Cumberland Island National Seashore.
Amelia Island Kayak Excursions Teen & Kids' Kayak Camp
- Fun, professional guides are there to teach and share with the “next generation of kayakers” a sense of adventure and wonder for kayaking and the outdoors.
Kayak Amelia Summer EcoCamp
- Week long day camp where kids 7-14 years old go on a new adventure every day and learn about nature through hands-on activities, kayaking, swimming and paddleboarding.
Omni Amelia Island Resort Junior Naturalist
- Kids can experience a day in the life of a Naturalist on Amelia Island. During this three hour class, participants will feed Nature Center animal residents and maintain aquariums and terrariums as well as join the staff naturalists to help lead tours.
Action packed with fitness and fun. Is one of these camps calling you?
Surf Asylum Surfing Camp
- A weeklong, action-packed surfing adventure for kids 7 and up where professional surf coaches will have the kids surfing independenly in no time. For more information, 904-583-4230 or email@example.com. NOTE: These camps sell out quickly!
YMCA Summer Adventure Camp
- Each week at day camp, a new theme will help campers discover new skills, build self-confidence and feel a sense of achievement and belonging. Camp activities include arts and humanities, sports, swimming and plenty of outdoor play. May 30-Aug 4, Ages 5-12
Junior Tennis Camps
- Omni Amelia Island Resort. With 10 weekly sessions available, kids ages 5-14 will have the opportunity to work with professional coaches to improve their skills in tennis, team sports and swimming. The perfect blend of learning and fun, complete with games and special events.
North Florida Soccer Camps
- The North Florida Soccer Camps is a half-day program teaching soccer skills in a fun & safe environment, rain or shine with an outdoor or indoor facility. Experienced staff will demonstrate essential techniques and offer kids ages 6-13 the opportunity to be more confident with the ball. Held at the Miller Freedom Center (Boys and Girls Club), 942259 Old Nassauville Rd (off Amelia Island).
Pottery, Painting, Gardening, Singing, Dancing, Acting ... get in touch with your artistic side.
Paisley Grace Makery Summer Camps
- This summer camp is jam packed with art projects that will not only bring out your child's creativity but will give them projects they'll be able to use and display for years to come!
Amelia Community Theatre Acting Camp
- Lights, camera, action! Acting camps for ages 12-18 with end of camp performance for family and friends. This is a two-week camp. New in 2023 is a Young Actor Camp offering kids ages 7-11 daily classes in acting, theatre art activities, theatre games and storytelling.
Amelia Island Museum of History Summer Camp
- Typically held in June, each camp has a unique theme by age group, filled with hands-on projects and wide-ranging activities both inside and on the grounds of the Museum.
Crafty Kids Amelia Island Summer Camp -
Studio that allow kids to express themselves through art. Projects will include numerous art activities and a different them each week. Breakfast & lunch are provided at each camp.
Ms. Shannon's Summer Camps -
Offering 18 summer camps for ages 3-12 years old, Ms. Shannon's Summer Camps are week long camps filled with fun educational activities.
Royal Amelia Dance Academy Summer Camps
- Campers will perform at RAD in one of 4, one-week camps held in July. Each camp will create their own show based on a hit musical and then perform it at the end of the week. Kids work in appropriate age groups (4-6, 7-9, 10-12) and will take dance, music and art.
Educational hand-on fun is what you'll find at these two resorts on the south end of the island.
Omni Amelia Island Resort
- Kids Camp Amelia give guests from ages 4–10 the chance to explore the resort and discover nature, science, salt life, and much more! Interactive learning excursions are offered with full-day themed sessions available.
The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island
- Ritz Kids introduces young guests to the natural wonders of the island through a variety of hands-on adventures for kids ages 5-12. The supervised program entertains kids with educational games and activities featuring different themes throughout the week.