From engagements to weddings to babymoons, couples love to mark life's milestones on Amelia Island. Visit and experience nature, long beach walks, and an array of cultural and dining experiences, and you'll understand why. This Valentine's Day, come make memories with the one you love.
With Presidents' Day falling on Monday,Valentine's Day weekend is also a long holiday weekend, so we have crafted a list to keep you just busy enough. Here are 8 (for eternal love) experiences to sweep your special someone off his or her feet faster than a warm Atlantic wave:
1. Equine Elevation
: Snuggle up in a horse-drawn carriage
downtown or take a horseback ride along the shore
where the beauty of the ocean and its wildlife take your breath away.
2. A Table for Two: Book a view at one of Amelia Island's most romantic restaurants. For a sweet ending, try the Luxe Artisan Chocolate Bar for exotic delicacies selected by pastry chefs.
3. Slip into serenity with a couple's spa treatment
at one of our world-class day spas. Imagine starting with a bubble bath and then getting wrapped together into a cozy cocoon. That's A Wrap to Remember.
4. Stroll hand-in-hand, weaving throughout downtown's many galleries and meeting local artists over wine at the Artrageous Artwalk
5. Take in a show: Preview Oscar-night picks at The Annual Oscar-Nominated Short Films Festival, to be held at the Amelia Musical Playhouse from Feb. 12-14 (selections to be announced soon - stay tuned). Or see William Inge's steamy Pulitzer Prize-winning drama, "Picnic", on stage at Amelia Community Theatre.
6. Feel the love: The "Amelia Amore" package from Omni Amelia Island Plantation combines luxury accommodations and private dining with romantic excursions by paddle board, horseback and private sport-fishing vessel, with plentiful sunrises and sunsets.
7. Sweet serenades: Celebrate Sinatra while dancing your heart out with the Amelia Island Jazz Festival's Big Band Bash on February 14. Or channel the classical at The Amelia Island Chamber Music Festival's concert by the American String Quartet, also on the 14th.
8. Cozy up at a fire pit: The Residence Inn Amelia Island
and The Surf Motel
both offer packages that include cozy fire pit access, stoked by sea breezes. Guests at the Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island
can enjoy s’mores under star filled skies with an ocean view at their special Chiminea Fire, or for an exclusive experience, book a "Fire in the Dunes" built for two, complete with warm blankets and binoculars.
Not yet struck by Cupid's arrow? Visit our Valentine's Day Love Hub