COVID-19 Travel Information
Face mask or covering required in all indoor public spaces. Get the latest COVID-19 information for Amelia Island HERE.
Your Privacy is important to us
practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
Learn more here.
Things To Know
Face Masks or Coverings are Mandatory
- Everyone over the age of six (6) who is in a public indoor space must wear a face mask or covering.
- Every operator, employee, customer or patron of a business establishment must wear a face mask or covering at all times while indoors at that business establishment unless wearing a face mask or covering significantly interferes with the course of business (i.e. patrons eating at a restaurant, clients at a barber shop or hair salon, patients at a dentist's office). See details of the City of Fernandina Beach Resolution and the Nassau County Executive Order here.
Vacation Rentals are Open
Vacation rentals are open and welcoming guests with the following restrictions. See full copies of Nassau County Executive Orders here.
- Ten (10) person occupancy cap
- Reservations from International Travelers shall not be accepted, nor booking accepted
- In the event the Governor issues subsequent Orders addressing vacation rentals and/or "hot spots", those restrictions will be incorporated into the local Order.
- Specific cleaning protocols for Vacation Rentals are also in effect:
> Units shall not be rented for at least a six (6) hour time period between guests to allow for cleaning and inspection of the unit
> Diluted household bleach solutions, cleaning products with at least 70% alcohol and certified cleaners that are CDC compliant shall be used
> Employees, including housekeeping personnel, shall wear masks and gloves for cleaning and for public interactions
> Cleaning inspections separate from the cleaning personnel shall be utilized to inspect the cleaning of each unit by inspectors wearing
gloves and masks
> All employees shall have a wellness check upon arrival. Staff members who have a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will not
be permitted to work
> Hand sanitizer shall be provided in all common areas like lobbies, pool decks, elevators and in rooms
Beaches are Open
- The beaches of Nassau County and City of Fernandina Beach are open. Please refer to Executive Order #6 and Executive Order #7 for full details
Phase 2 of Florida's new Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step. Plan for Florida's Recovery
- Please refer to Executive Order 20-139 for details. All of the below may take place with proper social distancing and cleaning regulation:
- Restaurants & bars may offer outdoor seating with six-foot space between table and indoor seating at 50% capacity. However, per DBPR Executive Order 2020-09, all vendors licensed to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises who derive more than 50% of gross revenue from such sales will no longer be able to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises. Such vendors may continue to see alcoholic beverages in sealed containers for consumption off the premises.
- Retail businesses, gyms, salons, and massage spas are open
- Movie theaters, concert halls, auditoriums, playhouses, bowling alleys, arcades, museums, libraries, and other entertainment businesses may operate at 50% of their building capacity
- Socializing in groups under 50 people is encouraged
- It is recommended that vulnerable individuals should avoid close contact with people outside the home
List of Executive Orders:
State of Florida Executive Orders
Nassau County Executive Orders
Visit Florida - for updates on statewide restrictions and/or closures, see here.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Florida Department of Health
World Health Organization
Nassau County Emergency Management
Nassau County Health Department, 904-875-6100
City of Fernandina Beach
What if I have an emergency or need medical attention?
For more information on medical services and pharmacies see our Safety and Emergency listing HERE.
About Amelia Island
Located just off the coast of northeast Florida, Amelia Island is easy to reach, but hard to forget. With 13 miles of beautiful beaches, abundant native wildlife, and pristine waters, this barrier island has long been a beloved destination for visitors and residents alike.
Get the Amelia Island Experience