Your Privacy is important to us
practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
Learn more here.
We are committed to following guidelines from the Center for Disease Control (CDC.gov/COVID19) and the state and local Nassau County Health Department (904-875-6100). The safety and well-being of our residents, visitors and industry partners are of the utmost importance to us. We encourage our area tourism partners, residents and visitors to take any relevant preventative measures. We remain vigilant and will do everything we can to ensure our guests have a safe and pleasant stay.
Hand sanitizer stations have been placed around the island in high traffic areas and at entrances to the beach near public bathrooms.
At the Amelia Island Welcome Center:
All our workers are trained in proper hygiene and safety controls.
- Wiping counters with disinfectant every 60 minutes
- Washing hands with soap and water and using hand sanitizer
- Cleaning doors, doorknobs and leaving doors open for no-touch entry when appropriate
- Maintaining 6 ft social distancing
- Employees undergo health screenings prior to coming to work
- Providing collateral on request to reduce touchpoints
All businesses are adhering to the requirements for reopening in Phase 1 of Florida's new Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step. Plan for Florida's Recovery.
- Restaurants may offer outdoor seatiing with six foot space between tables and indoor seating at 50% capacity
- Retail can operate at 50% of indoor capacity
- Museums and libraries, plus gyms and fitness centers may operate up to 50% capacity
- Bars & movie theaters remain closed.
- Barbershops, hair and nail salons were allowed to open this week with new health guidelines.
Please refer to Executive Order 20-112 and Executive Order 20-123 for details.
- Vulnerable individuals should avoid close contact with people outside the home
- All individuals should maximize physical distance frm others when in public
- Avoid socializing in groups of more than 10 people
- Face masks are recommended for all those face-to-face interactions and where you can't social distance.
What you can do to stop the spread of germs!
We are doing our part, and we ask that visitors traveling to the Island do their part to ensure the safety of our community.
About Amelia Island
Located just off the coast of northeast Florida, Amelia Island is easy to reach, but hard to forget. With 13 miles of beautiful beaches, abundant native wildlife, and pristine waters, this barrier island has long been a beloved destination for visitors and residents alike.
Get the Amelia Island Experience