*Please note that Dickens on Centre has been canceled due to weather on Friday, December 8 only.*
20. Kick-off the festive holiday weekend with the annual lighted Christmas parade by America's Youth on Thursday at 6pm.
19. Enjoy the opening ceremony of Dickens on Centre
when Phil Amato of Action News Jax welcomes good ol’ St. Nick to the event.
18. Take a stroll to take in the festive holiday lights
along Centre Street.
17. Get a seat to see a children’s performance of A Christmas Carol
brought to you by the Friends of the Library or the It’s a Wonderful Life
performance at the Amelia Community Theatre.
at one of the many locally owned and operated restaurants
or food vendors.
15. Shop for the perfect Christmas gift in the vendor marketplace
on Centre Street, along Artist Alley on North 2nd Street, or with one of the wonderful local merchants in downtown Fernandina. Holiday gift wrapping provided by Prince of Peace Lutheran Church!
14. Dress your Christmas tree with a 2017 Dickens on Centre commemorative ornament
available for $29.99 at the Welcome Center (102 Centre St.) or Christmas on the River.
13. Get in the holiday spirit with a full lineup of entertainment
from a one-man performance of A Christmas Carol to local musicians or the ReVoiced acapella performance. Check AmeliaIslandChristmas.com
for a full event schedule.
12. Dress in your best Victorian costumes
to celebrate the fashions of a bygone era.
11. Pose for an old fashioned photo
or take your own snap with a variety of photo props.
10. Experience our characters
, engage in their stories and immerse yourself in the magical world of Mrs. Brown as actors perform a unique “street” theater. Join six over-the-top townsfolk as they make merry throughout the festival grounds and in the Fanvergence booth on 2nd Street Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
9. Listen to the nightly reading
of The Night Before Christmas
8. Vote for the best decorated window from our downtown merchants.
7. Run Like the Dickens
during the inaugural 1-mile sprint!
6. Learn about Amelia’s own Victorian past with history tours by the Amelia Island Museum of History
5. Watch the annual Parade of Paws
with the Nassau Humane Society. Special prize goes to the best Victorian dressed pet!
4. Let the kids enjoy some old fashioned fun in the Kid Zone or write and mail a letter to St. Nick.
3. Celebrate with a festive adult beverage in the Fezziwig's Courtyard
2. Take your photo with old St. Nick
with Boston Photography and give him your wish list.
1. Come make lasting memories at the 3rd annual Dickens on Centre
and relish in Amelia's unmatched southern charm.