There are so many ways to warm your heart on Amelia Island; here are some ideas to get you and your special someone thinking about taking the time to make a romantic escape.
● Learn from the architect of over 200 island elopements (and the innkeeper of a truly romantic jewel, the Fairbanks House.
● For an unforgettable start to the morning, Amelia Island Paddle Surf Company
offers Sunrise SUP Yoga. Take a paddle to their outside aquatic studio and then soak up all the natural beauty that Amelia Island has to offer. Each session last from 1.5 to 2 hours and can be tailored to each guest.
● Book a couples' massage or other rejuventating treatment at the Spa at The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island
or the Spa at the Omni Amelia Island Plantation
● For a unique culinary experience, Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort offers cuisine from earth to table via the unique Sprouting Project
. On monthly Saturdays
, join one of their prestigious chefs as they tour you around their aquaponic greenhouse, garden and apiary. Then enjoy a mouth-watering dinner
outdoors under the lights and savor the home-grown, seasonal ingredients.
● Let the top chefs of The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island
delight your palate. Choose from their two signature restaurants by settling into the intimate atmosphere of AAA Five-Diamond restaurant Salt
, or relaxing in the picturesque setting of the more informal Coast
. For the extra-special occasion, consider booking the Salt Chef's Table experience
or joining one of the Salt Winemaker Dinners.
● Find more inspiration for your table for two with this TripAdvisor roundup of Amelia Island's Most Romantic Restaurants
● Whisk your special someone away on a private charter boat with Amelia Adventures
and take in the natural beauty of the island and its' surroundings with an itinerary that is all about you.
● Go back in time when you snuggle up in the bench seat of a horse drawn carriage and ride through historic Victorian era downtown with Amelia Island Carriages
. Learn about the history of the famous houses and bed and breakfasts as you clip clop your way through the streets - it's especially magical in the winter with the holiday lights (and a blanket or two.)
● Do an old-school date night with pizza at Townies
, Pi Infinite Combinations, Arte Pizza
or Tony's Brick Oven
, then head to the Fernandina Beach Pinball Museum.
● If you feel like a movie, see what's playing at B&B theaters
. Recline on their soft leather seats and snuggle up in front of the newest release. With the added space and comfort they offer (as well as a bar featuring signature cocktails featuring locally-made spirits from Marlin and Barrel) it is a more intimate and unique cinema experience than the average multiplex.
● Once it's time for a nightcap, head to The Decantery
. Enjoy a large selection of wines (served from a unique vending machine) and Champagne accompanied by an array of delectable homemade desserts, all within a stylish and sophisticated setting.