Amelia Island has long been a promoter of health and wellness. What could be healthier for the soul than a good dose of sun, surf, and vitamin D. I mean, we're at the beach, right? Here are 7 upcoming wellness events sure to provide all the Vitamin D you can handle, and then some:
Endless Summer Watermelon Ride
- November 10-12. This special weekend at The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island is focused solely on you. Relax as we bring together renowned speakers and practitioners on yoga, nutrition, fitness, and meditation all in this idyllic setting. Leave feeling energized and restored, with lasting practices that will enhance your lifestyle long after you leave our shores.
- September 10. Take part in this annual major bicycle event, sponsored by the North Florida Bicycle Club (NFBC), with supported rides from 18-100 miles on Amelia Island and other islands to the south.
JDRF Ride to Cure Diabetes
- October 5-8. Participants of this cycling event are raising money for Juvenile Diabetes and will ride over marshlands and maritime forests for up to 100 miles.
Fat Cross Amelia Island
- October 14. This "fat tire" bike race on the beach has participants racing an all-sand course along Amelia's pristine shores on bicycles with tires wider than four inches.
2017 ZOOMA Florida Women's Half Marathon, 12k and 5k
- October 21. Recognized as one of The Top 10 Women’s Races by Shape Magazine, the finish line leads into an unbelievable Post-Race party on the lawn of the Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island featuring wine, food, post-race massages, recovery yoga, shopping and music!
The Petanque Amelia Island Open
- November 10-12. This event takes place each year along the Amelia Harbor front and draws players and spectators from around the world. What is Petanque? It is basically a form of lawn bowling originating in France and is usually played on rough ground using steel balls.
Katie Ride for Life
- April 21, 2018. The Katie Ride is a premier cycling event with routes covering 18 to 100 mile courses, off-road options, a walk and fun run, and a fun triathlon! Proceeds benefit the Katie Caples Foundation’s organ donor education and awareness raising programs.
With flat terrain, open spans of beach, shaded pathways, warm weather, and the beautiful Atlantic ocean, Amelia Island is considered one of the best places to bike, run, walk, swim, jog, do outdoor yoga, stand up paddleboard and many other all with a beautiful back drop. Visit The Amelia Island Runners as well as Amelia Island Cycling clubs for weekly group runs or bikes.